sandwich war!

Everybody in my family (except my sister) likes sandwiches.  Everybody has their favorite sandwich shop.   Here are mine.

5. Which Wich

The reason Which Wich is at the bottom of my list is because I hate their cheese and lettuce. The cheese always takes over the sandwich for me, and the lettuce just tastes different.

I Always order the club here, even though it is ok.

4. Subway

Subway is such a global brand that the ingredients are most likely not fresh. I still put this above Which Wich because I like Subway’s idea better – Getting whatever you want.

I always get a ham sandwich with American cheese, bacon, lettuce, pickles, and mayonnaise

3. Jimmy John’s

Now stop yelling at me, I have a reason for this. This was in the top 3 ok?  This just fell short.

Jimmy John’s is a great sandwich shop, making freaky fast sandwiches. But the reason why it is not number 1 is that they get my order wrong sometimes. Also, since it is a national brand, its not as fresh as the top 2.

2. Schlotzsky’s

I love their sandwiches.  They are large, warm (I love warm sandwiches), and magnificent. These ingredients are fresh, (because Schlotzsky’s started in Austin) which is good quality.

I usually like getting the turkey club.

1. Thundercloud Subs

I have chosen Thundercloud Subs as the best sandwich shop because it is local, its fresh, and I love the open container that lets you see the sandwich being made. I just chose this because I just love the sandwiches here better.

Listen to this food critic about the best sandwich shops. In the comments, please write about your favorite sandwich shop.

5 Comments

1. Jimmy Johns at Number 3!??!??!

You are nuts. Best roast beef sandwich in town – and they deliver to you for free! Can’t beat it.

Thundercloud is good – but I’m not a big fan of the tattoos and piercings that you usually see on their sandwich artists.

2. You didn’t mention Firehouse Subs or Jersey Mike’s Sub. So many places to get good sandwiches. I like all the shops you mentioned and I have my favorite sandwich at each one. But I think I eat at Jimmy Johns the most since it is closet to our house – Sandwich #2.

Maybe next blog you can talk about hamburgers.

3. Thundercloud wins because it’s one of the few places I can count on for good egg salad, perfectly (mildly) made. Your dad’s right about the tattoos and piercings, but I like the friendliness of the employees there, so I’m willing to turn a blind eye. Love the phrase “sandwich artist”! Cool.

4. I have to agree with you on all most everything you said, but I like Jimmy Johns the best. Maybe you are just unlucky because I have never had an order messed up and it tastes good (to me).

5. Hi Jason,
    I totally agree with you on Which Wich not being a fantastic sandwich place. Their roast beef is pretty gross. My personal favorite is definitely Schlotzky’s- after all, it is “lotz better” than all other sandwich shops :P. Their bread is the best thing ever, and their paninis are amazing. Top it off with their cinnamon rolls and I think we have a winner.