Marley

Marley is one of my two dogs. We got him because in my family when you are 10 years old you get a pet. He is 5 years old, and I remember the time be got him. Here is that story.

It was a delightful January day, warmer than usual (it was about 55 degrees), my brothers birthday, and a great day to get a dog. We drove over to the pet store and saw 2 rescued dogs. One black and one white. This was a decision my family would have to make, the black or the white. Me (being my 8 year old self) preferred the black one. But we all knew that decision cam up to the boss, my brother. After long thought, my brother chose the white one.

Now was the hard part, what to name this dog. Me (again, being my 8 year old self) thought snowball was a GREAT name because of his white coat. But unfortunately, it was my brothers choice AGAIN. Since the movie Marley and Me came out recently, my brother chose Marley as he name.(even though the Marley in the movie is a female and our dog was a male)

After bringing him home we found out about some of his personalities. Just as we put him down he ran upstairs and hid under the couch for 2 hours. He was shy at first, but we soon realized that he was a CRAZY DOG. He now runs around, being a total spaz.

Since then,  Marley’s coat has gotten more tan in more places, and he is SUPER hairy.

Bright Eyes
Photo Credit: Jose Roberto V Moraes via Compfight

6 Comments

1. Marley needs a bath and to be brushed. He is a mess! You didn’t mentioned how he played with both of your hamsters! CRAZY DOG!

2. Marley sounds like a great companion. He’s lucky to have such a loving family!

I like his name…probably a better fit than Snowball?

• After a while Marley fits much better. Having a crazy, wild dog named Snowball would just be weird.

3. I also have a crazy dog named Bella. It sounds unfair that your brothers got to pick both times. What made your parents decide that? I do think that Marley is a suitable name for your dog however.

4. Your dog, Marley, is adorable! I also rescued my dog. I love your story, it is a very good piece of writing, I can see you picking out your dog.