The Lair

Cold, dark wind whistles through the deep,  dark cave, reeking of death. Flickering candles there bringing warmth, but not enough. It seems cold and lonely, but I can sense something else in this labyrinth, something evil and cruel, I move onwards to a endless dark lake, the cold water climbing up to my toes–sending a shock up my body. In the distance I see a suited figure, looking still, “is it dead” I think to myself. I better check it out. As I board the rickety old boat, a silver and gold organ plays dreadful music, blasting my ears. The figure slowly walks towards me smiling, like he was happy to see me, but who was this thing? How does it know me? Suddenly, the boat disappears under my feet, and I start to sink. I hear a horrific maniacal laugh behind me, excited for me to die. My life flashes by me, and I fall into an eternal sleep.
mystical window
Creative Commons License Photo Credit: Lorenzo Cuppini via Compfight

3 Comments

1. That is kinda scary. Great use of descriptive words to create a scene. Even though it is very short writing, I really anxious to see how it would end. Nice job!

2. ” I move onwards to a endless dark lake, the cold water climbing up to my toes–sending a shock up my body” I love the vivid imagery, I can almost feel that cold chill shooting up his spine.